Sunday, January 31, 2016

Dollar Shave Club - Various Goodies (Razor, Shave Butter, Lip Balm, Hand Lotion, Moisturizer)

First off, if you haven’t followed me on social media yet, please use the links to the right to do so.

Alright, so…full disclosure. I was so excited when this product came in the mail to try. We’ve all seen the commercials of the gross razor and the guy doesn’t want to throw it away because razors are SO EXPENSIVE! I’d never signed up because I thought they only offered razors and, after years of paying out the behind for all sorts of lady razors that all worked exactly the same, I used the cheap little disposable ones.

Let me tell you this right now, ladies and fellas: your skin will thank you for using a proper razor. And you don’t have to pay an arm and a leg to get one! Exciting, right!?




So let me spill the beans on Dollar Shave Club. First, you go to their website HERE, then you pick what razor you want to try. If you’re fine with two blades (Humble Twin) you pay $1, if you’d like to upgrade a little and have four blades (4X), you pay $6, and if you really want to TREAT YO SELF with five (aka the Executive), you pay $9. Your first box will have a handle that fits your ordered blades and if you ever lose it, just request another! Every month when your subscription box arrives you get fresh blades. No going to the store and no headaches at forking out big bucks for those other guy’s razor replacements.
Photo from Dollar Shave Club
The great thing about this subscription box is, you can customize the deliveries to fit your need. If you have a gnarly beard and have to keep that puppy in check you’re probably going to need more razors than someone like me who, truth be told, sometimes forgets to shave her legs. If you want new razors every month then you can get them. If you’d rather opt into the Not So Hairy plan then you’ll get your replacement razors every other month. It’s free to customize and you can easily do it on the website.

And although you’ll never want to, you can cancel anytime. You don’t even have to tell them why.

But how do the razors work, you ask? I was skeptical. For that low a price they had to be pretty bad right? WRONG! My legs are super smooth thanks to the sharp blades and high quality handle. But, I wanted to REALLY test this baby out. You know, put it to the extreme! So, I popped on a fresh razor and let my dad with his epic beard try it out…well, now he won’t give it back. He said it was the closest shave he’s ever had. He even signed up for his own monthly box!

  

Now, DollarShave Club was not only nice enough to let me try out their mack daddy Executive razor with five (yes I said five) blades, but they also sent me some of their skin products (which I had no idea they even had). I was also sent Dr. Carver’s Shave Butter which is AH-MA-ZING stuff. You rub in and the hairs kind of stand at attention, allowing you the closest shave you’ve ever had next to an actual barber shop. And afterward your skin is so silky and soft. Not a trace of razor burn or irritation bumps with this stuff.

But that’s not all! I also got to try their new line called Big Cloud, which is a line that offers Good Shake Hand Cream, Daily Face Moisturizer, and Wind Master Lip Balm.


The hand cream is pretty addictive. It’s not oily and smells fantastic. It’s a hard scent to place but my best description is that it’s not too masculine and not too feminine. A perfect balance for both sexes. There’s a hint of minty goodness in it and I got seriously addicted to sniffing my hands.

The moisturizer is great and again, isn’t oily. I have dry winter skin and it replenished my skin’s moisture without feeling heavy. I only got to try it the once because it somehow disappeared into my parent’s bathroom.

Last but not least, the lip balm was also a minty surprise. It gave my lips a little tingle and smelled great. My lips were soft for hours so I didn’t have to keep applying it. Also, it wasn’t gooey or slimy which I hate.

I give Dollar Shave Club at 10/10. I would recommend it to even my least hairy friend and I can’t wait to start my own subscription box for the products alone, let alone the best darn razor I’ve ever come across.

Want to see for yourself? Here’s the links!





*Disclaimer: I received this product for free from Dollar Shave Club in exchange for an honest review. I was NOT given monetary compensation.