Sunday, January 24, 2016

Republic of Tea - HiCAF® Toasted Coconut Black

First off, if you haven't already done so please follow my other pages using the links to the right, or if you're on mobile click HERE for my contact page.
  
The Republic of Tea has a line of teas called HiCAF that provide more caffeine than a cup of coffee. (Check out all the flavors HERE).  They are $13 per tin, which contains 50 tea bags. You can also buy them in bulk and travel size, depending on your needs. 
  

I was lucky enough to get to try out the Toasted Coconut Black tea this weekend and let me tell you, this tea gives you plenty of pep in your step.  It packs a whopping 140 mg of caffeine, but doesn't cause the jitters or the shakes that coffee has a tendency of doing, especially for me. The buzz is really mellow and is so great that The Republic of Tea calls the state of calm alertness the Tea Mind®. 
Photo from republicoftea.com
Full disclosure. I was a little timid to try a coconut tea. I'm not a huge fan of coconut flavored anything, but after opening the tin I was pleasantly surprised to find that the tea bags didn't really smell like coconut at all.  The coconut aroma came out once I started steeping the tea, but it wasn't overwhelming.  It was actually very unique and I found myself taking a big whiff more than once.

There is a slight coconut flavor in each sip, but again it isn't overwhelming.  It's just the right amount and it makes the tea very smooth.

Made from black tea, it also has coconut, some green tea extract, and licorice.  It is a perfect tea for the morning to replace a cup of coffee, and the coconut gives it a little sweetness so it would be a great product for someone who wants to cut back on their sugar while still getting caffeine to start the day. 



The package arrived with lightning speed and the tin was well protected.  I could have played soccer with the box and the tea wouldn't have moved an inch.  So, feel free to order worry free because they will make sure it arrives fast and incident free.



Below are links to purchase this and the other flavors in the HiCAF® teas.  Keep in mind that the amount of caffeine contained in each varies with each flavor.






While you're there, be sure to check out their other great flavors of tea, the awesome tea pots and accessories, and the huge variety of gifts for the tea lovers in your life. They even make bottled iced teas that I can't wait to try.  They offer flat rate shipping of $3.99 so get as much as you like!




*Disclaimer:  I received this product for free from The Republic of Tea in exchange for an honest review.  I was NOT given monetary compensation.