Sunday, January 31, 2016

Taste of the Wild - Dog Food in Various Flavors

First off, if you haven't done so, please follow me on social media using the buttons to the right.

This is my first pet product review so I guess I should give a little information about my product testers: As you have seen on my sidebar, my official pet product tester is Mollie "Moo Moo" and she's an almost 6 year old hound that I rescued from the animal shelter when she was 6 months old. She is my heart, soul, and best friend so I do a lot of research on companies before I request products to let her try. I only choose companies that have proven safe and nutritious products. I also have two other dogs which belong to my parents. They are Jack, a 4ish year old short hair border collie that is also a rescue, and Trinity, a 14 year old Jack Russell who I've had since middle school. They have varying levels of "picky-ness" so I think they give me a pretty good idea of what to write about. So, without further adieu here's today's product:

Taste of the Wild was generous enough to send me four samples of their flavors for my pups to try out. I am pretty protective of their tummies so I didn't just fill up a bowl and let them have at it (in fact, when introducing your dogs to new food you should always mix in a little with their current food and then adjust the ratio as they get used to the new stuff). I did, however, left them try a little of each of the flavors and they loved it. I've been keeping the bags stashed away and using them as treats because they are WAY healthier than the treats I currently have.




Pictured are "High Prairie Canine Formula with Bison & Roasted Venison" and
Southwest Canyon Canine Formula with Wild Boar"

Pictured are "Pacific Stream Canine Formula with Smoked Salmon" and "Pine Forest Canine Formula with Venison & Legumes".

Taste of the Wild offers pet food that is not only grain-free but contains wild game meats that your pet craves. Don't your fur babies deserve to taste the wilderness? In fact, there are 11 dry formulas (2 for puppies, 1 for small breeds, 6 for adults, and 2 for cats). They have even have 5 flavors of canned wet food for dogs and 2 for cats! Each flavor has its own unique mixture of high quality meats, vegetables, legumes, and fruits to meet the specific needs of your pet.  

You know those pet food commercials where the pet parents learns that their current pet food doesn't have real meat listed in the ingredients? Well, you don't have to worry about that with these. The first thing I do when buying food is look at the ingredients and Taste of the Wild uses ingredients like beef, bison, salmon, venison, quail, duck, peas, potatoes, tomatoes, and even blueberries and raspberries for antioxidants. They're also full of omega fatty acids, vitamins, and minerals to keep your pups and kitties healthy and active.


I can honestly say that all three of my dogs liked this food. So, I guess that's 12 paws up! Like I said, I didn't let them go to town on it, but they gobble it up when I gave them 3 or 4 pieces from hand as a treat. Mollie has a sensitive tummy and it didn't seem to bother her so it's easy to digest. In fact, the food contains probiotics that aid in digestion and even support the immune system. It doesn't have a foul odor and many of the testimonials on their webpage say they have seen an improvement in their pet's coat. You can find where to buy it easily from the website or by clicking HERE. Taste of the Wild is sold by many retailers around the world! The dry dog food is also easy on the wallet compared to some of the other grain-free pet foods:

5 lbs ~$14
15 lbs ~$33
30 lbs ~$52
*prices vary depending on the store

Mollie would not cooperate with me and eat from the bowl. She's a little scared of the big bad camera.


If you'd like to do some research of your own, or would like to try them out for yourself, follow the links below! 







*Disclaimer: I received this product for free from Taste of the Wild in exchange for an honest review. I was NOT given monetary compensation.