Monday, February 15, 2016

Själ Skincare - Face Products

I meant to do this review on Friday, but I've been doing so many Amazon reviews that it kind of got put on the back burner.

Anyway, here are the samples that I got from Själ Skincare. Normally I lump the little samples into a big "Various Samples" post, but they sent me quite a few different products, so I figured there would be enough to make a post.

Själ Skincare is actually really interesting because they use things like gemstones, pearls, and metals that make you feel like you're getting an ancient healing remedy in a modern way. This is the first line of skincare I've come across that uses these ingredients and they are chosen based on the energies they contain. This leads to products that just feel...balanced. It's a cool mesh of East and West. Pretty awesome, right? I'm a firm believer that nature is healing and that there is no need to include harsh chemicals in products that are going to be used on a sensitive area that is always visible.


Ok, so I did my best at judging an order that made sense to try these out. I don't think you would need to use all of them together daily because some of the products you leave on for 15 minutes. I do want to say that every one of the products seemed to be very gentle and none of them tingled or reacted badly with my sensitive skin.


The first product I tried was the Pearl Enzyme Exfoliating Mask. This is a gentle gemstone enzymatic exfoliating mask that is meant to be gently massaged on slightly damp skin and left on for 10-15 minutes. It contains two pearl extracts to brighten and even skin tone as well as to gently exfoliate and polish the skin. It also contains diamond, ruby, citrine, blue sapphire, and amethyst that assist in detoxifying pores and removing dead skin.

As the mask dried it got a little sticky but lessened as time went on. When it was fully dry it made my skin feel tight but not in a dry or uncomfortable way. It was more of a firm tightness. It came off really easy with warm water and afterward my skin was really soft and smooth. This mask actually removed some dry patches I had due to the winter weather so I was pretty excited about that!


Next came the Kashmir Saphir Perfecting Mask. This one is a restorative, firming, and pore minimizing mask that is meant to be applied to a cleansed face and left on for 10-15 minutes. This mask contains silk proteins, oxygenating herbs, and royal jelly as well as gold, platinum, blue sapphire, and blue copper. It is meant to protect, soften, and calm your skin all while evening your skin tone and increasing its oxygen uptake. Peptides and amino acids also work to lift and firm!

As this mask dried it took on a feeling that I can only describe as a thin layer of plastic on my skin. It wasn't annoying or anything, just an observation I had. It didn't make my skin as tight as the exfoliating mask, but it kept it feeling soft.


The Balans Deep Pore Cleanser is described as a modern version of a deep pore cleanser. It is light weight and keeps skin balanced, hydrated, and soothed thanks to the gold, silver, geranium, rhodonite, and rose quartz. It also detoxifies, minimizes pores, and brightens. The cleanser also helps to protect against moisture loss and irritation throughout the day and leaves your skin feeling nourished. 

The first thing I noticed about this cleanser was that it didn't foam, which was a little weird. However, it left my skin feeling very clean. I used this first thing in the morning so I had washed my face before bed, but I felt that everything that had accumulated through he night was gently washed away. It says that this can also be used to remove makeup, so you can use this any time of the day.


The Saphir Concentrate Anti-aging Face Oil is pretty amazing. It is meant to be massaged onto a clean face, neck, and decollete (cleavage area - yes I had to look that up). It should be used under a moisturizer and is excellent for dry skin. The various complexes, blue chamomile, blue sapphire, and aquamarine help to naturally plump and soften fine lines and deep wrinkles as well as help to improve skin smoothness, elasticity, and tone. It hydrates and provides a barrier of protection from moisture loss thanks to the meadow foam seed oil, grape seed oil, and vitamin e.

This stuff was pretty amazing on my dry skin and it was my favorite product in the bunch. I rubbed it into my lips and it kept them moisturized for hours. I really wish I had some more of this. It had a plesant floral scent and wasn't very oily considering it is called an oil 


Next up was the Kura Intuitif Intense Hydration Creme. It is meant to be applied after skin has been cleansed and toned. It contains various peptide complexes, lotus oil, gold, copper, and pearl that help to treat deep lines and winkles, improve skin elasticity and tone, reduce capillaries and redness, even skin tone, and provide hydration and nourishment to all skin types.

The creme was very oily at first with a slightly floral scent. It was actually a little too oily for my taste but only because oily products tend to cause me to get blemishes. The glow that it gave me made my skin feel perky and I noticed that after about an hour the oiliness was pretty much gone.


The Orbe Eye Contour Creme is applied day and night around the orbital eye area and can also be used around the lip area if preferred. It lifts the eye area and reduces the appearance of wrinkles, fatty deposits, dark circles, and puffiness. This is done with the help of ingredients such as iron, magnesium, zinc, and copper as well as various complexes, vitamin C, and algae extract. Like the rest of the skincare products so far, it also soothes and calms while firming and brightening

The creme was pretty thick which was unexpected and had a very clean smell. That's the only word I can come up with to describe it. It didn't tingle like other eye creams that I've tried and absorbed relatively quick. It also made my skin almost powdery smooth, which was pretty neat. 


Last but not least was the Bio-regeneratif Serum Active Energy Lift. This is a serum that focuses on cellular regeneration thanks to peptide complexes and malachite extract. It provides protection, radiance, energy, and helps to even skin tone. It is meant for all skin types and should be applied day and night to a cleansed face and throat. 

The serum had a sort of sweet smell to it and absorbed very quickly. There was no residue left over and considering all of the products I had applied that day I was surprised. My skin was left feeling radiant and firm all day.

That was a lot to try out over two days, but I have to say that each product surprised me. Not only did I like the results from just a single use, but I also really enjoyed the colors and textures. You can tell that a lot of care went into these recipes and they will make you feel healthy and beautiful inside and out.

If you'd like to check out all of the products that Själ Skincare has to offer, click on the link below:


Be sure to check them out on social media as well:










*Disclaimer: These samples were sent to me free of charge from Själ Skincare in exchange for an honest review. I did NOT receive monetary compensation.