Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Oak Leaf - USB LED String Lights

Hello and welcome back to my blog! I'm so happy you're here because I have found an amazing product to share with you today!

How many of you have seen projects like the ones below on Pinterest but have never been able to do them because you don't have the lights?

Photos from various Pinterest posts

Well, look no further because this set of string lights are great for almost any project. Even if you only want to put them around your window to showcase them on your blog ;) (I totally plan on doing something cool with them...eventually)




You get TWO strings of lights, each with 60 LEDs. Each string is about 20 feet long and you can pick whether you want warm white, blue, green, or cool white. I opted for the warm white because I knew I wanted them in my bedroom and I figured that color would work best. The plastic cord doesn't have any light gives you plenty of room to plug them in without a string of lights leading to the outlet.



These are great for using in the bedroom, office, or anywhere else you want to create a little magic. The thin copper wire allows the stings to be flexible and gives a versatile, finished look. However, the copper wiring is very delicate so be careful when unraveling them.



The lights are USB powered, so there are tons of ways to power them. I plugged them into the back of my computer, but using an extra phone charger that I had lying around also worked. You can also plug them into a power bank or use your laptop.



I gave these lights 4/5 stars because the USB is great if you want to set them up near a power source and keep them there, but if you plan on moving them around a lot then your locations may be limited to where you can plug them in. I have a ton of USB ports in the back of my computer because I have a gaming desktop, but for those of you with limited USB ports it may be a problem using your computer. 


What would be the first project you tried with these lights? Let me know in the comments below!

*Disclaimer: I received these lights for free in exchange for an honest and unbiased review.