Monday, May 2, 2016

US Art Supply - Watercolor Colored Pencils

Hey everyone. It feels so good to be back home. I hope you are all having a fantastic start to your week, but make sure that you leave some YOU time. One of my favorite things to do during my "me" time is to color. Yes...yes....I am an adult color-er. And thanks to US Art Supply I can color in a whole new way! These watercolor pencils are so fun and I can't wait to see what all I can create with them!



I love to use watercolor, but it can be quite messy and I haven't quite got the hang of if yet. These pencils give me a unique and fun medium to work with that is a little more forgiving than watercolor paints. You can use them dry, on wet paper, or put water over the colored area. You can even dip the pencil in water if you prefer.



The pencils work best on watercolor paper. I only had a coloring book and acrylic paper to test on. The dry pencil worked great on the coloring book, but the water made the paper too thin. The acrylic paper worked great for the wet pencil or adding water after, but the dry pencil couldn't get into the cracks. You'll get different results on every paper so experiment and see what you like best!


There are 36 pencils of various hues included in the set and they come packaged in a plastic carrying case. This would make a great gift for kids or even adults who like to color like I do. They are extremely versatile and fun!


Currently these watercolor pencils from US Art Supply are going for $13.96 on Amazon and you can get them here: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Q3HXDC6



*Disclaimer: I received this product for free in exchange for an honest and unbiased review.