Tuesday, August 23, 2016

ADM Sopranno Ukulele for Beginners

ADM Mahogany Soprano 21 Inch Professional Ukulele Starter Pack with Gig Bag, Strap and Picks

I'll start out by saying that I am an absolute beginner with the ukulele and with musical instruments in general. My brother plays guitar beautifully and is self taught so I thought I'd channel the family talent and hope that I could play an instrument semi descent.
 

ADM Mahogany Soprano 21 Inch Professional Ukulele Starter Pack with Gig Bag, Strap and Picks

This ADM ukulele is so cute and is great for beginners. It is the standard soprano size (~21"), which is the size you think of when picturing ukulele in your head. Soprano ukuleles are the smallest size which make them perfect for traveling and for kids. It has that great jangly ukulele sound and will hold a tune long enough for a practice session or two. I tune mine daily before I practice and the next day when I get ready to play it's not that far out of tune. The tuner always gives me a "thumbs up" although I go ahead and do some fine adjustments.



Here's a little diddy I played so that you can hear how it sounds (may not work on mobile phones)
 

ADM Mahogany Soprano 21 Inch Professional Ukulele Starter Pack with Gig Bag, Strap and PicksADM Mahogany Soprano 21 Inch Professional Ukulele Starter Pack with Gig Bag, Strap and Picks

This is a mahogany laminate ukulele, not a solid body, but that is fine if you're just getting started. The string are nylon and they are comfortable to play. If I practice for an hour my finger tips do not hurt like when I tried to learn the guitar. The price is great for those of you who are buying this to try it for the first time or to get your kids interested in an instrument. When you aren't sure if you'll stick with it, it's hard to justify paying $800 to get started. This is a great kit for beginners and the quality is sound enough to let you learn the basics before paying big bucks for a Hawaiian made solid koa wood piece.

ADM Mahogany Soprano 21 Inch Professional Ukulele Starter Pack with Gig Bag, Strap and Picks

The kit comes with the ukulele, a soft gig bag with strap, 2 plastic picks, and a sound hole strap. It is not common to use plastic picks with a ukulele as strumming is normally done with just the hand, but some people may find it easier to learn using them. The bag could be better and it's a tight fit, especially around the tuners, so I noticed that I definitely have to tune it after taking it out of the bag. Honestly, I haven't used anything in the kit except the ukulele past day one, but other people may so it's nice they they are included and the ukulele is what you're really concerned with anyway.

I am extremely happy with this purchase and I'm very excited to be learning my first instrument. This was a great purchase for only $49.99. If you'd like to start your own ukulele adventure you can follow this link:


https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0194X3U46/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_CdmVxbPA7SP5X


Do you play any musical instruments? Let me know in the comments below!