Friday, September 9, 2016

Techef Omelette & Frittata Pan


What a nifty pan! I have never been able to make a descent omelette so I was very excited when I was able to make one with the Techef pan.


The pan while closed is small and has a purple exterior coating. It opens up to a pretty large pan (~10 inches) and has a nonstick interior coating. I still used some non-stick spray to just make sure the omelette flipped easily. The pan lays flat when open, even on my glass top oven.


The easiest way I've found to make an omelette is to put half your egg mixture in one side and the other half in the other. Once the eggs set up a little, put your toppings in the side closest to the large handle and let them cook. Then, with a pot holder, flip the side with the small handle over and keep the pan closed until the eggs are fully cooked. Don't overfill the pan or you'll wind up with a mess. Also you may need to move the pan around to get the eggs to cook evenly.


I made an omelette with 3 eggs and just cheese but you can add other toppings and make more than just omelette a. Oven seen reviewers even use this pan to make two dishes at once. Be creative!


I did find one thing I dislike. It doesn't stop the pan from working, though. After just one use, the exterior purple paint started flaking off. Perhaps I got a pan that the paint wasn't sealed on the pan or something because I haven't seen any other reviews stating they had the same issue. I didn't deduct any stars because the pan still worked great. 

This Techef pan is available for $29.99 here: https://www.amazon.com/TECHEF-Frittata-Omelette-Non-stick-Coating/dp/B01C4TGHRY/

*I was able to try this product in exchange for an honest and unbiased review. I received no monetary compensation nor am I affiliated with the seller in any way. My thoughts are my own after trying the product and my reviews are updates over time as needed.