Monday, September 5, 2016

ThermoFuture Wireless Meat Thermometer

This is the first wireless meat thermometer I've ever tried and I didn't know what to expect as far as accuracy. I have a digital one that I use and it is pretty accurate so I tested it against that. 


Operation is pretty easy. You need 3 AAA batteries to make everything run. You choose your protein and cooking temperature (rare to well) and the handheld device tells you the ideal temperature to cook it to on the right side. 

 
Then, using the base with thermometer attachment in the meat, it tells you what the current meat temperature is. I like that you constantly see what your target temperature is and that you have a lot of protein choices. I also like that you can swap between different cooking temperatures with a button press in case I am grilling and some people want medium and others medium rare.

The accuracy was ok. It was a little off, but not much, about 4°. I would just recommend testing it out so you can reach that perfect temperature. 


The handheld device also has a timer that you can count down or up. And when your current temperature matches your ideal temperature it beeps. This is good when you're letting meat rest after grilling.


I'm still partial to my digital meat thermometer, but this definitely has some perks the other doesn't offer. I'm sure the more I use it and get used to it, I'll love it more. It is available for $33.97 at https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LSON02C


*I was able to try this product in exchange for an honest and unbiased review. I received no monetary compensation nor am I affiliated with the seller in any way. My thoughts are my own after trying the product and my reviews are updates over time as needed.